This fruity breakfast cake will always leave you wanting more!
Prep time: 30 minutes Bake Time: 50-60 minutes Total time: 80-90 minutes
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 5 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sour cream, full fat
- Streusel topping
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9 inch round pan by greasing it and lining the bottom with parchment paper.
- Filling: With an electric beater, mix together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add in the egg white with the mixer on low until just combined.
- Cake: In a medium size mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the butter and sugar on low speed until combined, then slowly add the egg. egg yolk and vanilla.
- Alternating 1/3 of the flour mixture and 1/4 cup sour cream, mix ingredients into the butter, sugar, egg batter. Slowly mix until just combined and smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, leaving out 1/3 cup. Pour half of the cream cheese filling on top of the batter, followed by the remaining batter and swirl together lightly until a swirly pattern is visible (do not over mix, you still want the filling to be separate from the batter). Top with the rest of the cream cheese filling.
- Pour the raspberries over the batter.
- Streusel Topping: Combine sugar, flour and cubed butter into a bowl. Blend together with a fork or pastry blender until crumbly and pea sized pieces begin to form.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping over the raspberries and batter.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes. To test if the cake is done, insert a cake tester or toothpick unto the center of the cake. It should come out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before running a fork around the edges and removing the cake from the pan. Let cool on a cooling rack until you are ready to serve. This can be served hot, so no need to wait until it's cold to eat!
- Store in the fridge in an air tight container.
Recipe loosely adapted from OMG Chocolate Desserts