This easy to make dinner will be your new go to when you're feeling lazy!
Makes: 2 servings Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes Total time: 30 minutes
- Half an eggplant, sliced thin (see image above)
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh mozzarella, shredded or sliced
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and slice your eggplant thinly. I used a peeler to get mine the right length and thinness.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ricotta, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place approximately one tablespoon of the mixture onto the end of each piece of eggplant and roll them up.
- Spread the marinara sauce on the bottom of a small cast iron pan and place the rolls on top, with no space in between.
- Top with the mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes and then broil for 5 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown and bubble.